Taking TOEFL and IELTS tests are in great demand by students in order to go and study abroad, pass university prep. classes, apply for MA and PhD degrees or for business purposes. Accordingly, English teachers are seeking to find the best ways to teach students how to get ready for IELTS and TOEFL. In this short course, you will find ‘’ How to teach IELTS and TOEFL’’ in depth. You will find out that it is not only following the tips in the test prep. books , but it is to know the core of both exams and get to know them in detail and be specialized to teach them professionally.
Course duration: 20 hours
Class schedule: 4 days
Class time: 5 hours a day
- The formats
- Similarities and differences
- Registration ways of both exams
- How to set goals for students
- Skills and knowledge behind the tests
- What debriefing is and its benefits
- How to teach reading sections of IELTS & TOEFL
- How to create and develop materials
- How to teach writing sections of IELTS & TOEFL
- How to teach speaking sections of IELTS & TOEFL
- How to teach listening sections of IELTS & TOEFL
- How to evaluate students’ answers
- Using rubrics
- Creating rich and effective lesson plans
- Getting to know the test prep books in the market and online
- Note – taking techniques
- How to teach vocabulary
- To become familiar with different apps for Test Prep. and use technology in Test Prep.
Participants who would like to attend;
1) Fill out the registration form on : http://www.tesolturkey.org/tesol/register-form.html
2) Call +90 216 417 55 66 , mobile: +90549 417 55 66 or e-mail : email@example.com to confirm
3) Pay the course fee : 600 TL.( Istanbul) , 700 TL (Ankara)
*All participants will be awarded with a certificate issued by Queen TESOL Centre.
*Classes are limited with 10 participants.